Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential. Is shaping the minds of the next generation part of your life’s calling? Developmental Disabilities Association has 6 immediate openings for Early Childhood Educator at our Child Development Centre in Vancouver. This a great opportunity for both experience ECEs and those just leaving their training programs. Successful applicants will play a part in developing the program and creating a welcoming environment for our new families.
JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #1351
SERVICE AREA: Child & Youth Services – Infant and Toddler Room
LOCATION: Fraserview CDC (Vancouver)
START DATE: June 1, 2021
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday rotating schedule TBD // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 per collective agreement
Education & Experience:
• Completion of Early Childhood Education Certification is required.
• Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training, as required by licensing.
• Infant and toddler certification required for 3 of 6 positions.
• Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
• Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
• Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
Standard requirements of the Early Childhood Educator include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#39 - BrainStation - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More