RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal or Designate
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the principal or designate, the early childhood educator works collaboratively in the classroom with, and under the guidance of, the classroom teacher in implementing the seamless day for kindergarten and primary students.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- collaboratively support, plan and deliver early learning activities in the classroom;
- create an environment that fosters the seamless transition between before/after school care and the kindergarten/primary classroom;
- plan, coordinate and facilitate before/after school care program for students;
- assist in budget preparation and purchase and maintenance of supplies and resources;
- maintain daily, monthly and quarterly statistics and reports;
- attend district, community, regional and provincial meetings as requested;
- participate in job-related training and staff development;
- communicate positively and effectively, and interact as a collaborative and consultative team member;
- understand and act in accordance with school and district policies and procedures, district Health & Safety Manual and WorkSafeBC regulations;
- maintain confidentiality; and
- other duties as assigned.
- grade 12 plus a current early childhood education (ECE) certificate and emergency childcare first aid
- two years experience, obtained within the last three years, as an early childhood educator (in addition to experience acquired in obtaining the ECE certificate). Experience must include working in a licenced before/after school care;
- experience creating, organizing, planning, implementing and budgeting for an early learning program;
- experience in implementing quality play-based learning strategies to address literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional development;
- ability to take direction from the supervisor and work as part of a team including district and school staff, parents, children, volunteers, professionals, and community members and to build positive professional relationships with parents and colleagues;
- effective communication skills in verbal, written and electronic format;
- strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
- physical ability to perform all aspects of the position; and
- such other qualifications, skills and abilities as may be required to meet curricular requirements in the kindergarten/primary classroom.
Apply by June 9, 2021 at 3:00 pm on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/34NbRJH.
Education and Training