What can you expect as Elastic Path’s Drupal Developer?
This is not your typical developer job. Our Drupal Developer will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding online community infrastructure. Our online community is currently made up of a portal, forums, documentation, blogs, webinars, SSO and more. Our goal is to unify and expand our existing systems so that our online community members have a single space where they can join in discussions and access more robust information resources. You’ll get the opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies and issues spanning many departments at Elastic Path. The ideal candidate is an individual who loves to solve problems, has a passion to learn and enjoys exploring new technologies. Staying ahead of the curve with continued learning and growth is of the utmost importance.
What will you do?
- Build, implement and integrate new with systems, and enhance overall infrastructure supporting the Elastic Path online community using tools like Drupal, AuthO and Salesforce.com
- Develop custom websites using Drupal, PHP, HTML, and other languages.
- Research and propose new plug-ins, technologies or creative solutions for our online community
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage and improve the release process for Authoring and Production environments
- Initiate, deploy, and troubleshoot Virtual Machines on Amazon AWS
- Aid in implementing metrics, reporting and analysis to measure community success
- Work with various departments and user groups to identify needs that could be serviced by the online community
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Proven experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Drupal or PHP based environments.
- Experience integrating and testing various open source and third party applications
- Experience owning rollout (planning thru to execution) of new systems
- Knowledge of Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database design, and PHP web development
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Drupal best practices
- Demonstrated ability to learn or use new languages and environments
- Ability to understand requirements, identify needs and make recommendations to enhance or improve system functionality or operations
- Degree or Diploma in a Computer Science or related field
Bonus points for…
- Some experience with internet, portal and/or community tools
- Experience with some or all of these skills:
- Exposure to Cloud services, specifically Amazon AWS
- Exposure to DITA or XML technologies
- Deployment and source technologies (Docker, GIT)
- Exposure to Salesforce (including Java, Visual Force/APEX, CSS, JS and HTML)
- Java application servers (i.e. Tomcat, Oracle Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Ecommerce background
- SSO and AuthO experience
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room
- An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.