We're looking for a service-oriented team player to join our Facilities team as a draftsperson. Our Facilities department is responsible for real estate and space accommodation, infrastructure planning, and operations management to all of our offices throughout the province. You'll use your CAD experience to prepare architectural and space plan drawings.
As part of the Workplace Planning and Solutions group, you'll be a team member of an integral unit in our Facilities department that creates workspaces that inspire our people.
Please note, this position is required to work in the Richmond head office. This is a temporary assignment for approximately one year. What you'll do As a draftsperson you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Prepare working drawings for projects and update as-built drawings, permanent records, and space plans
- Plan, design, and coordinate minor renovation and systems projects
- Work with consultants, contractors, and suppliers and liaise with client departments to plan the functional and operational components of minor projects
- Create drafting policies, procedures, and standards
- Support Facilities' management and project coordinators by researching and collating technical information for project analysis
Your experience and educational background:
- Plan, organize, and prioritize workload and multi-task to meet objectives in a fast-paced production environment
- Interpret and present information verbally, in writing, and in graphic formats to clarify proposals for a wide variety of audiences
- Ensure drawings meet applicable standards and codes
- A diploma or certificate in computer aided design and drafting
- A minimum of two years of drafting experience, that includes experience using AutoCAD to prepare architectural and space plan drawings
- Experience drafting commercial office furniture systems is an asset
- Familiarity with and the ability to interpret and apply building and regulatory codes
- A valid BC driver's license
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email the Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary,
your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits , and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
Operations and Logistics