Position Summary Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers! www.bchousing.org/careers
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people's lives and communities.
What makes BC Housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits! Build on your accounting background and enjoy plenty of variety as you provide administrative support with a focus on accounts payable Documentation Clerk Job ID: 2587 Vancouver, BC POSITION SUMMARY:
The Documentation clerk is responsible for processing documents such as accounts payable invoices and coding P-Cards as well as creating Purchase Orders, Standing Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Work Orders. The position also processes documents such as tenant move-outs, building inspections, Declarations of Income and Assets, pet registration, and tenant chargebacks Further responsibilities include property portfolio and property maintenance support functions, provides direct face-to-face and telephone-based customer service to visitors and clients, processes leave management documentation, maintains various databases and current tenant files, and provides general operational support. Positions are located in different work centres. The full range of duties may not be performed at all times, as incumbents will be assigned in accordance with operational requirements. However, incumbents can expect to rotate through all functions and are required to be knowledgeable of all duties. QUALIFICATIONS:
Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
Minimum of two years varied clerical experience in related office administration and accounting, including contact with diverse members of the public.
OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of accounting and accounts payable
- Sound practical knowledge of Windows based programs including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of BC Housing's customized JDE1 application preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
*An eligibility list may be established* The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We're also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Twitter @ BCHjobs to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 5, 2018