Position Summary DOCUMENTATION & ADMINISTRATION CLERK Job ID: 3231 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: VICTORIA, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** DOCUMENTATION & ADMINISTRATION CLERK POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Regional Administrative Services Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing both administrative and accounts payable services and support relating to the operations and maintenance functions within the Region. This dual role ensures that capital projects documentation and financial requirements, as well as client services and administration of the Region are carried out in accordance with guidelines, appropriate acts and BC Housing Policies.
The Documentation & Administration Clerk performs a combination of administrative and clerical functions for the Regional office, and Accounts Payable functions which support project administration, including that which is related to directly managed (DM) development, Group Home (GH) maintenance and Non-profit developments. The incumbent will act as relief for other Administration Clerks and Documentation Clerks roles as required.
Typical duties consist of performing various general Administrative and Clerical duties including front desk reception and customer service as well as preparing purchasing orders (PO's), work orders (WO's), certifying goods and services received, and processing invoices in the AP/AR role. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution;
- Minimum of two years of progressive office experience in an administration environment;
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge with office systems, procedures and equipment;
- Sound knowledge in current data processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good knowledge of basic accounting and inventory management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good keyboarding skills with minimum of 50 wpm keyboard speed;
- Ability to handle a wide variety of contacts with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within an evolving environment;
- Able to organize and schedule work while managing competing deadlines;
- Able and willing to travel by car or airplane on Commission business;
Customer Service and Support