West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America.
Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Williams Lake Plywood division is seeking an experienced, professional, dedicated individual to fill the following position:DIVISIONAL CONTROLLER
As the senior financial resource on site, the successful applicant will work with the mill management group to operate and grow our successful plywood division.Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate must possess:
- Overseeing all financial activities of the pulp mill. Ensuring the timely completion of financial reports, forecasts and maintaining the integrity of internal controls (SOX).
- Coordination and preparation of annual business plan, including financial aspects of capital and major maintenance.
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Mentoring of Assistant Controller and Plant Accountant, and supervision of administrative office staff. Coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years industrial manufacturing experience
- Well established organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, and offers a stable, rewarding career. Williams lake also offers an attractive relocation package.
Williams Lake is a city in the Central Interior of British Columbia, in the central part of a region known as the Cariboo. Williams Lake is the second largest city, by population of metropolitan area, in the Cariboo after neighbouring Quesnel. The city is famous for its Williams Lake Stampede, the second largest professional rodeo in Canada after only the Calgary Stampede.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance