West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Quesnel River Pulp Division has an opportunity for a:Divisional Controller
As the senior financial resource on site, you will work with the finance team group to operate and grow our successful operations and report to the General Manager.Specifically, you will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting for the division, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of annual business plan
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Well established organizational & leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Oracle and/ or JD Edwards accounting software, considered a strong asset
- Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.