BC Clinical and Support Services (BCCSS) Society was created to provide clinical, diagnostic and support services to British Columbia’s healthcare system in a way that uses unique and innovative approaches to generate value and improve outcomes. By creating capacity, improving quality and safety, and lowering costs, BCCSS will transform how services are delivered and will contribute to the creation of a sustainable health system for BC.
Casual On-Call Opportunities
Wage: $18.71 per hour
Under general supervision the incumbent is responsible for transporting a variety of supplies and/or materials within the facility using a tow motor and by methods such as loading items by hand or using pallet jack, transporting to specific unit/department, delivering specials such as perishable or valuable items.
- Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials by operating a Power Pallet Jack or tow motor by methods such as loading by hand or using a pallet jack, taking supplies off of a pallet, sorting supplies per Department, placing the supplies onto mobile transportation carts, securing load in accordance with policies and procedures, delivering supplies to designated areas as directed and off-loading and/or distributing supplies to specified unit for distribution.
- Delivers direct purchase items and specials such as perishables or valuable items by performing duties such as picking up item from Stores, signing delivery receipt, transporting goods to department/unit, obtaining signature to confirm receipt and returning signed copy to Stores to ensure immediate delivery.
- Delivers and picks up various items such as requisitions, mail/parcels, supplies, equipment and pharmacy items from various areas throughout the hospitals.
- Specific to VGH Site: Operates garbage compactor dumping mechanism by aligning and clamping garbage carts and activating automated mechanism in order to empty garbage from carts into compactor.
- Specific to C&W: Empty soiled linen into linen cart and load into linen truck. Exchange empty linen carts with soiled from all Hospital areas.
- Specific to C&W: Loads and unloads linen to and from delivery vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 vehicle license required. Must have experience driving a 5-Tonne Truck.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on BCCSS please visit www.hssbc.ca
Posted: September 21, 2016
Closes:November 20, 2016