Position Title Disability Employment Placement Specialist Posting Number 01867SA Location Maple Ridge Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 06/01/2023 End Date 05/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
This posting is for a Disability Employment Placement Specialist who will work with BIPOC populations on a national Opportunities Fund project. The position works out of the Surrey office of the Training Group and requires travel to meet with employers and clients at other campuses.
This position is pending contract signing.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Disability Employment Placement Specialist ( EPS ) performs a job development role by supporting clients to secure informational interviews with employers, job shadowing opportunities and work experiences. This position assists clients to create resumes and preparing for work interviews. This role helps clients to develop job search skills and supports onboarding, training and ongoing job maintenance. The Disability Employment Placement Specialist is also responsible to initiate, build and maintain relationships with employers and source work experience placement for clients.Responsibilities
FACILITATION / ONE to ONE CLIENT SUPPORTS :
- facilitates small group or one to one instruction on job search techniques;
- resumes and cover letters;
- sourcing for employers / networking;
- interview skills;
- job maintenance;
- support on the job skill development .
- liaise with employer networks to initiative and build working relationships;
- attend Board of Trade, Chamber and other business and industry network events such as job fairs;
- provide information to employers on working with persons with disabilities and BIPOC populations;
- provide ongoing support to employers who are hosting work experience clients;
- identify suitable employers willing to host Work Experience Placements;
- set up informational interviews.
MARKETING & RECRUITING :
- assist with the development and distribution of marketing materials;
- facilitate information sessions;
- conduct client screening intakes.
- keep detailed records of all participants/employer as required by the Centre and the Funders;
- provide statistics and reports as required;
- review client outcomes against performance targets;
- contributing strategies to ensure program targets are met.
- maintain client files in CMS and other portals as required by funder;
- participate in ISO documentation;
- participate in regular team meetings and program review sessions as scheduled;
- foster positive, productive working relationships and work collaboratively to contribute to a positive work environment based on mutual respect;
- perform additional duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
•Post-secondary degree or equivalent level of expertise and experience in the employment services field; •Knowledge and experience working with persons with disabilities and BIPOC populations; •Certified Career Development Practitioner ( CCDP ) an asset; •Certificate or diploma in Job Development an asset.
•Building & maintaining partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders; •Providing customer service and resolving issues;
•Proven ability to successfully work within a multi-faceted program, and meet targets and deadlines; •Knowledge of Labour Market in Maple Ridge and BC; •Ability to exhibit respect for client diversity & partners; •Strong oral and written communication skills; •Strong interpersonal skills; •Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule; •Willingness to travel within the Lower Mainland and the Province of BC; •Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle; •Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, database entry and the use of online-demand meeting applications and desk-top sharing; •Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/24/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Note this position is pending contract signature.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10791
Education and Training