Position Title Disability Career Coach Posting Number 01796SA Location Maple Ridge Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/01/2023 End Date 03/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and some evening shifts Work Arrangements
Full-time contract position (40 hours per week)
The primary place of work will be the Maple Ridge Work BC Centre located at #510 - 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Representing Douglas College at the Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre, the Disability Career Coach plays a dynamic role working with our specialized populations and supporting the daily operations of the Centre.Responsibilities
• Conduct Client Needs Assessments to determine the appropriate WorkBC services and supports .
• Conduct a thorough Disability Related Needs Assessment ( DRENA ) while developing a positive and trusting connection with the Client;
• Assess and refer for specialized assessments when needed; including medical assessment reports Psychological and Vocational, Learning Disability, Neuropsychological and Functional Capacity;
• Work with Client's natural support network and other community service providers as needed;
• Assist Clients with the development of individualized action plans that clearly outline the Client's goals, service needs, and steps to achieve their desired employment.
• Provide clients with job search and career planning assistance to build on skills, strengths and experience;
• Provide ongoing Client support including documenting Client's progress and outcomes using the Ministry approved database;
• Meet or exceed performance targets such as referrals for Customized Employment Program, Skills Enhancement and Client Outcomes;
• Complete reports as required.
COMMUNIITY OUTREACH :
• Provide outreach for case managed services as needed.
• Participate in committees that support Clients with Disabilities;
• Represent the Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre through participation in community events, such as career fairs, community days, and other special events;
ADDITIONAL DUTIES :
• Participate in regular team meetings and program review sessions as scheduled;
• Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• A Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and career consulting experience ;
• Experience with employment counseling and programs;
• Experience working within the Disability Population;
• Demonstrated ability to use computer software applications including MS Office, Database entry and ability to research information using the Internet;
• Possess strong interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of career assessment, problem solving strategies, and decision making theories;
• Knowledge of local labour market and trends;
• Knowledge of WorkBC and its mandate;
• Willingness to travel within Lower Mainland and reliable transportation with valid BC Driver's License;
• Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record check including a vulnerable population check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.Certifications considered an asset
• Career Development Practitioner;
• Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor;
• Rehabilitation and Disability Management;
• Occupational Therapist.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/06/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents. Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10481
Education and Training