595 Burrard Street
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
BMO Technology & Innovation Banking is a specialized team that provides capital and advice to high growth technology companies across North America. We are a leader in providing solutions to a variety of technology companies including, enterprise software, consumer software, hardware and life science businesses and we focus on all stages of their lifecycle from inception up to and following a liquidity event (i.e. IPO / M&A transaction / etc.).
As Director of Technology & Innovation Banking you will lead the expansion of our market share within your region and act as the primary relationship manager for the clients we onboard. You will work closely with a team of associates and analysts who will support you with credit underwriting as well as day to day management of your portfolio. Accountabilities include:
- Develop a strong network within the technology ecosystem including with Venture Capitalists, Private Equity groups and other potential referral sources
- Lead and execute business development plans so that business goals are achieved or exceeded
- Manage and develop strong relationships with clients while delivering excellent customer service
- Advise on sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the market, technology vertical, market competitors, client needs and business growth opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the others including Capital Markets, Wealth Management and Commercial Banking to identify new credit and non-credit sales opportunities and proactively share customer insights and leads
- Protect the Bank's assets and maintain portfolio quality by leading the timely review of reporting and completing annual reviews
We are looking for individuals who have a deep passion for the technology sector and who have the following attributes and qualifications:
- A self-starter that is results focused and who is able to work independently
- Enjoys working in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Very strong analytical skills
We're here to help
- Minimum of 7-10 years of financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment or related Capital Markets experience
- Formal training and demonstrable skills in credit analysis, structuring and deal closing and in-depth understanding of commercial and corporate technology lending products
- Possesses a consulting mentality and an ability to address client strategic issues
- Confidence, presence, and determination to succeed in a very dynamic and demanding business environment
- Strong team-player mentality and a leader who will take an active role in developing our future talent
- Exceptional time management and personal planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and able to meet tight deadlines
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians