Are you an innovative people leader and connector, passionate about attracting a diverse and specialized workforce? The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition (TA) to support some of the most iconic - and life-saving - health care programs and services in the province. The TA Director will ensure high impact recruitment efforts - including leadership through the pace of the pandemic...and into a healthy future.
Reporting to the Executive Director, People Experience, our TA Director is committed to the success of a large team of professionals focused on filling corporate, clinical, and temporary staffing positions. You are a people-focused coach and mentor, bringing strong expertise and creativity in the delivery of recruitment, sourcing, and executive search services.
Focused on attracting and retaining the best possible talent - on a provincial, national and global scale - PHSA hires thousands of candidates every year. A champion for consistent, high quality candidate and hiring manager experiences, you will partner with operational leaders across PHSA to proactively support workforce planning. Together with your teammates, you will help create a culture of inclusion and belonging. PHSA is also entering an exciting era of technology transformation, and you will support the implementation of our new world class, data-driven Talent Acquisition digital solution.What you'll do
What you bring
- Strengthen hiring practices throughout PHSA - remove barriers, cultivate innovation, and ensure responsive TA operating processes and systems.
- Partner to create strategies to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce at all levels.
- Build productive partnerships and provide consistent and high quality service to hiring leaders.
- Define TA vision and philosophy; motivate and support team to reach their maximum potential while fostering team spirit, trust, respect and commitment to service.
- Create best in class reporting to understand trends and target key areas including difficult to fill positions which ensure specialized health care delivery across BC.
- Using workforce planning and analytics as a guide, proactively plan for upcoming opportunities related to hiring and develop mitigation strategies.
- Make and support decisions that have broad implications within the complex boundaries of provincial health care legislation and policies.
What's in it for you
- Level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- 10 years of related, high volume recruitment experience including five years at a leadership level.
- Dynamic team player with the ability to inspire and engage others, build networks and develop trusting relationships at all levels.
- Highly committed to staff and team building, with proven ability to coach, develop, influence and motivate others.
- Can create and nurture environments that promote outstanding client service, best practices, innovation and outcomes.
- Expertise in developing purpose-based, data-driven strategy combined with the ability to think critically and systemically address and respond to key priorities.
- Broad understanding of recruitment best practices and policies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate, negotiate, and influence others to achieve results.
- Knowledge of health care and its business needs is an asset.
- Understanding of applicable HR processes and legislation, relevant collective agreements, and principles of union relationships.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver, BCStatus:
Regular full-timeClosing date: Interviews are anticipated to start after April 19th, 2021 but the posting will remain open until filled. Reference number:
DTA042021What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.