Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Within the context of the organization's Human Resources strategy, the primary purpose of this position is to manage and deliver a full range of both operational and strategic HR services to internal groups and to facilitate maximum engagement in the day-to-day management of our five People and Culture Departments located throughout the BC Region (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops, Kelowna, Prince George). Our People & Culture leaders must have the ability to communicate and partner with both operational managers and senior leaders in order to support them in meeting company goals and objectives.
The candidate will be responsible for analyzing business trends in staff planning, developing job descriptions, organizing hiring campaigns with marketing, assessing current employee skills, tracking HR metrics, promoting Paladin's Culture of CARE, and fostering job enrichment.
The Director of People and Culture will report directly to a National People & Culture Leader to help build and drive the HR Strategy, as well as work closely with the Executive Vice President of Operations.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works within the context of the National policy framework to develop, implement, administers, and evaluate human resources policies to meet office needs and ensure compliance to provincial legislation.
- Ensure consistent application of human resources policies, directives and procedures aligned with National directives.
- Design and implement talent acquisition processes that are in line with our hiring process. Ensure that recruitment, onboarding and workforce planning practices are best practice for the region and are meeting operational needs.
- Oversight of the full cycle of recruitment and orientation for both experienced and entry level staff.
- Leading in all escalated workplace investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Ensure staffing levels are at appropriate levels based on business needs and build a strategy to plan for transitions, promotions, retirements, and resignations by assessing succession planning with HR leads.
- Manage and coordinate employee culture training, leadership development and succession planning to enhance competitive ability. Ensure that managers and employees have or are able to acquire the skills, knowledge and competencies to fulfill the office's current and future needs.
- Implement, in collaboration with the organizational leaders and within the context of the National framework, the professional development strategy for the business unit.
- Manage the promotion process in alignment with National office procedures.
- Review, manage, monitor and make improvements to the performance review process.
- Ensure that compensation programs are competitive with regards to market comparisons. Review annually and make recommendations.
- Work in collaboration with Administrators, Finance and Accounting with regards to workforce planning and long-term office business planning.
- Act as a business partner with operations and safeguard that all employee needs are being looked after.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provide advisory services to Management on employee relation issues and manage problems and issues that arise. Write directives advising department managers of company applicable policy.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Ensure that new employee orientation is conducted in a way that fosters a positive corporate culture toward company goals.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure successful implementation of HR Metrics is achieved according to individual branch needs and goals.
- Maintain and foster an open-door policy.
- Other duties and projects as requested.
Note: This position is required to visit our BC Branches a minimum of once per year. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or equivalent.
- CPHR designation would be an asset.
- Minimum 5+ year progressive experience in a full cycle Human Resources role ideally focused on the security or related industry with a minimum 2+ years' experience in management level Human Resources role.
- The proven ability to embrace change and adversity in a rapidly growing and changing environment; previous experience in managing and driving change efforts is preferred.
- CPHR designation would be an asset. Including being an active member of CPHR.
Functional Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent customer service and superior attention to detail.
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment; equally adept at providing leadership as well as working side by side with the team while delivering on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial impact.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, implement change, and assess the impact on office and/or staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage remote HR teams.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and analytical skills; Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment whiling being innovative and thinking outside the box.
- Proven ability to embrace change and adversity in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- High discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS office application.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong project management skills to lead projects and create employee buy-in.
Knowledgeable and Proficient in:
- Provincial Employment Law and current legislation related to employment practices in BC.
- HR theories and practices to optimize business unit recruitment and retention goals.
- Strategic recruiting techniques.
- Strategic culture and engagement techniques.
- Training, development, and succession planning practices.
- Understanding of workforce planning and forecasting needs.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, Educational Assistance
This is a Full-Time
position M-F 40H work week
Travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1