Director Operational Readiness - Site coordination and Transition Management Burnaby Center BCMHSUS What you do
What you bring
- Lead transition and commissioning initiatives related to clinical and operational components from project development through to implementation.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for facility transition planning.
- Improve project plans appropriate to the initiative and incorporates change management approaches to ensure success in complex multi-stakeholder, multi-disciplinary settings.
- Develops, monitors and manages the project budget and ensures timelines and budgets are adhered to.
- Implement detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports for the VP BCMHSUS, and others as required.
- Collaborate via work groups, meetings and workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders to define and communicate service requirements and liaises with clinical technology and equipment installation teams and users to ensure that the specifications, design, installation, training and "go live" are successful in that they meet the technical and clinical specifications.
- Identify clinical risks and develops a risk mitigation plan.
- Work closely with the communications staff to develop and support site communication on implementation and transition issues.
- Actively liaises with other PMO staff for the Project.
- Utilize standard Project Management tools, methodologies and templates for tracking and reporting progress.
- Lead on behalf of the site and in collaboration with the Red Fish Healing Centre Project Director, the pre-occupancy, occupancy and post occupancy phases of the project from a clinical and operational perspective, followed by a handover to the site at the conclusion of the project.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Nursing, allied Health Sciences, health care management or relevant discipline plus seven (7) years' recent, related experience.
- Prior experience with Project Management, Operational Readiness and Lean Process Design an asset.
What you have
What's in it for you
- Ability to plan, prioritize and carry out capital projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in clinical practice, education and program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide progressive and innovative approaches to service delivery and program issues.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent facilitation skills when working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability facilitate and negotiate.
- Respond to the needs of stakeholders supported by an acute awareness of the impact of action.
- Leadership skills with proven ability to bring about change in a proactive manner.
- Work effectively under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines. Proficiency in the use of a personal computer (PC) and applicable software applications.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary Full Time Start Date: May 2021 - End Date Approximately March 31, 2022
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Monday - Friday - 0800-1600
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Requisition Number: 105916 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 14th, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.