Director of Sales - B2B - Construction Industry
We've been working with this thriving construction and building materials company for some time. Perhaps one of the most attractive aspects of partnering with them is their corporate culture and commitment to the community. In today's marketplace, we find that candidates are wanting to do more than perform their chosen profression well, but to make a difference in lives of others. Our client is an employee owned company and you can tell. In addition to being a fun place to work, that makes a difference in the communities that they serve, they also provide a competitve salary, strong benefits, potential share options and opportunities for both professional and personal development.
We are seeking a Director of Sales - B2B for their SO (Supply Only) department. This leadership position would be best served by someone who is inately curious, gets fullfilment form building strong relationships, is customer focused and has an entrepreneurial mindset. Ideally he/she would have a strong background within the construction industry within the residential and commercial sectors.
Have a peak at the details below and please apply to this ad with your resume. All applications are held with the strictest adherence to confidentiality.
DIRECTOR OF SALES - B2B
Position Purpose and Summary:
The Director of Sales will be accountable for the Sales team, Estimation team, Project Management team and SO Customer service and will lead the Processes and Outputs to meet our efficiency targets in serving our customers. The Director of Sales (S0) will generate leads through relationship management, their industry knowledge and networking activities to reach targets and increase our capacity for growth. They will be a champion of our culture and values; Family, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Respect, Safety and Teamwork in their leadership and development of their team.
- Empower and mentor team to take action and make decisions while evaluating risk.
- Lead and manage sales reps, project managers, estimators, draftsperson and coordinators within the supply only team.
- Be able to manage expectations from other departments.
- Know and understand how to work with different personality styles required to achieve desired outcome.
- Be passionate about the construction industry and show interest in the areas that align with the brand.
- Be an industry leader in codes and standards. Read and study codes and standards.
- Have an understanding of technology such as AutoCad, Excel, Window Maker and CRM.
- Have an understanding of how projects are estimated and the software options that exist.
- Have an understanding of Contract Law and the order of importance of construction documents.
- Have an understanding of construction process and how general scheduling works.
Lead Generation and Sales
- Manage the use of online lead generation portals.
- Client Relationships
- Client Retention
- Lead distribution and CRM
- Specifications and drawing reviews
- Risk assessment
- Pre-quote engineering review
- Consultant / Architect strategies
- Contractor / Developer strategies
- Product knowledge and manufacturing background
- Codes and standards – ability to quote and meet code
- Estimated Volume reporting
- Estimating difficulty/product series reporting
- Contract Review and risk assessment
- Ensure contract matches quote scope of work
- Legal advice
- Approve credit terms with customers
- Shop drawing quality control and internal standards
- Shop drawing 3rd party review guidance
- Codes and Standards – navigate and negotiate alternate interpretations
- Negotiation with Building officials and signing engineers/architects
- Address non-compliant issues.
- Oversee reservations and scheduling
- Manage expectations between OE/Sales and production.
- Ensure Work on Hand report is accurate for projections
- Report on bottle necks
- Know the status of all active jobs
- Ensure PM’s close jobs and collect all amounts
- Review AR report and address outstanding issues
Reports to VP of Sales & Business Development
Direct Reports: Estimation Team
Key Collaborators: Estimation Team, Project Managers, Sales Team
- Based out of Head Office in Langley, BC
- Occasional travel within BC to our operating locations and for presentations and networking
- Supply Only opportunity generation –Passionately pursuing networking, committee leadership, developing and presenting Lunch and Learn (LNL) topics and reaching quotas and sales
- Winning Bids – Through insight driven strategic discount levels.
- Estimating Strategizing – Forward planning on Specification and drawing interpretation, Risk evaluation and mitigation, Profitability forecasting, Code and standards navigation, Product pre-approvals, Take off quantities
- Pipeline Reporting – Building transparency in SO reporting and strategy by providing daily, weekly, monthly tracking and reporting on; Closing ratio tracking, Customer tracking, CRM data entry, Delivery forecasting
- Project Award – Managing the full cycle and reporting of Project Award process by completing; reporting, deal making, contract signing and negotiating, product fulfillment, project trouble shooting and close out documents.
- Customer Service – Protecting and building on client relationships & retention with a Customer obsessed mindset through; technical support for B2B community, product organization and delivery, and internal responsibility for plant flow.
- Risk Management – Evaluating, anticipating and mitigating risk during estimating & contract review.
- Culture & Values – Driving a culture of active coaching and mentorship while honoring our values of Family, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Respect, Safety and Teamwork.
For more information please apply to this job ad. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We may consider candidates with relevant industry experience from the USA.
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive