Established in 1958, we provide our 100+ member organizations with the training, technical support and the best roofing guarantee in the industry enabling them to offer their customers the highest quality roofing practices in BC. We take a proactive role in advancing roofing technology and built the RCABC training centre, the first educational facility in North America designed for and dedicated to training the entire roofing industry. Learn more about us at www.rcabc.org.
Director, Member Services
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Member Services is a key member of the management team, responsible for implementation of strategic plan initiatives; managing the member portfolio including processing, timely response and support, compliance, programs, activities, and maintaining solid relationships; and leading marketing initiatives and communication to members and other audiences.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative professional with exemplary interpersonal and communications skills to work with a great team and support our valued members by fulfilling the following responsibilities.
- Monitoring members to ensure compliance with membership criteria and reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
- Maintaining and reviewing association bylaws, membership criteria and policies to ensure compliance by the members and the association.
- Participating in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies designed to enhance the association’s image and generate awareness of the members, programs.
- Implementing marketing direction and developing collateral materials through external creative and design sources.
- Coordinating communications to members and other stakeholder groups ensuring articulation of the association’s image and brand through correct referencing of programs and policies.
- Working closely with other department heads to ensure that information is communicated to all relevant parties internally and externally.
- Preparing reports and recommendations for the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Attending Board of Directors and Committee meetings to advise and reference on membership, bylaws and policy issues.
- Planning for member events by securing venues, negotiating contracts, budgeting, program development and securing vendors.
- Providing input for the annual budget and reporting in to Finance during the year.
- Reviewing membership applications and changes, and liaising with applicants to ensure applications are complete and ready for committee review.
- Participating in strategic planning sessions with the Board of Directors for the creation of the Association’s Strategic Plan.
Education and experience
- Degree in a business discipline with a path of continuing education
- Minimum 7 years’ related experience in a membership association or franchise organization (or other with a member focus), involving compliance, strategic planning, communications/marketing, budgeting and reporting
- Experience on a leadership/management team; working with Boards; and managing staff.
- CAE designation an asset
- Personable, diplomatic, with excellent customer service orientation–-a solid relationship builder with a focus for member satisfaction
- Ability to develop and launch effective marketing and communications initiatives aligned to brand
- Highly developed organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task and deliver timely results
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, able to put forth solid recommendations
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and skilled at interpreting and conveying compliance/policy requirements
- Excellent professional writing, verbal communication, and leadership/presentation skills
- Ability to coordinate, manage and execute multi-faceted projects
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and inspiring team leader/player, willing to support and assist others
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and familiarity with databases
If this role seems like a great fit, we look forward to your application. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including support for professional development. Please submit a cover letter and resume quoting “Director, Member Services” in the subject line by October 16, 2016.