Plenty Of Fish is looking for a Director of Live Streaming Content to drive engagement and revenue from our newest feature.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Live Streaming Content will be responsible for content strategy, talent recruitment, nurturing and retention of our users. You will work closely with product, marketing, and engineering teams to grow your vision to reality. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a brand new area for Plenty of Fish and build new long-term strategies of the product offering and brand.
As the Director of Live Streaming Content you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop Plenty of Fish Live Streaming Content Strategy
- Define live content programming, which includes resources, alignment with brand/product strategies, talent acquisition, management, and operational strategy
- Become the live content and talent expert for POF and ensure we remain competitive with other major live streaming platforms
- Build and run an all-star talent management team
- Acquire new talent by sourcing and nurturing existing POF users to support live streaming content as well as acquiring talent from other platforms
- Build the team of talent managers and define processes and operations
- Onboard talent onto the platform and build strong relationships with live streaming influencers and content creators
- Monitor progress of content creators on the platform
- Curate users’ viewer experience by promoting livestreams in-app
- Attend industry events and talent meetings outside of normal work hours
- Explore new types of content
- Work with the marketing team to identify and test new areas of content
- Negotiate with influencers and agencies to create new content and develop lasting relationships
- Onboard new influencers onto our app portfolio
- Increase viewership
- Build a quality streamer user base
- Identification and ownership of all relevant metrics focused on user engagement and revenue
Essential to this role is the capacity to synthetize all information and build a comprehensive strategy to drive growth. This person should also have the ability to build relationships based on trust and empathy with live streamers to help them develop the best content for POF. The ideal candidate would have prior experience working with talent and live streaming or video platforms. This person must be able to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, covering all aspects of content creation including research, strategy, operationalization of the function, talent management, creative thinking and analytics. What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Experience with and knowledge of video and live-streaming platforms such as YouTube Live, Instagram Live, Facebook Live and Facebook Gaming, TikTok, Snapchat, Live.me, MeetMe, Twitch, Huajiao, Yizhibo and YouNow
- Motivated by creating a complete new function and line of business
- Advanced knowledge and skills in talent management and content strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead projects with strong time management skills
- A strong relationship builder who easily builds trust with others
- Takes pride in attention to detail and enjoys a culture of autonomy and accountability
At POF, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Software and Programming