Newly created position with a reputable and entrepreneurially-run manufacturing company based in Vancouver. Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Finance will be responsible for managing the financial affairs of this well-established organization.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of high quality products that are sold at stores across North America. This 25-year old company has a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, hardworking, and collaborative culture.
What- the Role:
Swim Recruiting has been engaged to find our client their new Director of Finance. The DoF will work collaboratively within the Senior Team to identify opportunities to grow the organization and build new efficiencies in operational processes while ensuring the financial health remains strong.. Reporting to the President and to the CEO, the DoF will lead, mentor, and develop an accounting & finance team of 6 people.
What- the Responsibilities:
- Provide findings of financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting to the Senior Team.
- Ensure strong financial governance of the organization’s activities through the development, implementation and maintenance of general accounting policies, procedures, processes, internal controls and systems in compliance with applicable business, legislation and regulatory requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensure efficient processing, recording and reconciliation of all payments, accounts receivable transactions, general ledger entries, changes to capital assets, and payroll.
- Participate in the annual financial planning process.
- Manage cash flow and recommend options for managing funds.
- Manage transfer pricing, audit, multi-currency issues, etc.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Flexibility to take on other projects and tasks as they come up.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for a dedicated accounting & finance professional with experience leading in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company and will be able to jump into work and handle a variety of tasks while partnering and supporting individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Canadian CPA Accounting Designation or International equivalent.
- 8- 12 years progressive accounting and finance experience.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills.
- Experience working with mid-size private companies.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector is highly preferred but not necessarily required for a quick learner who has plenty of common sense! Likewise, experience working for an entrepreneur-owned business is an asset.
- Experience working in a multi-jurisdictional company with cross-border and transfer pricing matters.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and accounting control processes.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
Headquartered in Vancouver and a manageable driving commute from Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, etc. This company has an open-concept and casual office space that promotes free-flowing communication. Employees are encouraged to bring their dogs to work!
Competitive base salary commensurate with work experience, skills, and demonstrated accomplishments- please discuss further with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
If you are interested in this great leadership opportunity with a well-established local manufacturing company, please let us know soon! Swim Recruiting is sourcing, screening, and shortlisting on behalf of our client and presenting candidate profiles directly to the hiring team for review. If you already have a contact at Swim, please feel free to reach out directly. If you do not yet have a relationship with someone at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume.