Seeking a Director of Finance for a fast-paced, company in the distribution sector. Learn from and work alongside a reputable and tenured leadership team.
Who - The Company:
Our client is well established and reputable company located in Langley. Led by strong management and a tenured workforce, they operate in Canada and the US and are committed to growing the nature of business and team.
What - The Role:
The Director of Finance will report directly to the Owner and will be accountable for the accounting operations. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for producing company’s monthly, quarterly financials, while assisting management in developing yearly budget and yearly business plan
- Provide leadership in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations to management
- Preparation of audit files, accounting memos and working papers
- Annual tax preparation for external advisors
- Review all accounts payable and process all payroll, along with all related monthly/yearly reports
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures Operations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of periodic management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations Compliance
- Coordinate the provision of information to external accountants for the annual review
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, provincial/state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings Cash Management & Funding
Who - The Candidate:
- Accounting Designation coupled with degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Prior Distribution, Construction or Manufacturing experience a must.
Generous base salary commensurate with experience.
When & How To Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance