Director of eCommerce Permanent
Our local, mid-sized, family run retail client is seeking a Director of eCommerce to help move them into the eCommerce space. This position reports to the CEO and works closely with the Director of IT and Executive VP. The strategy has already been set up, but not implemented, so the Director will need to reassess the strategy and carry out the implementation from scratch. This position will also manage their website and product catalogue operations team. The Director will need to have experience working with Magento or a similar enterprise level eCommerce platform.
Respect, integrity, diversity, passion and laughter are cornerstones of their working culture and they are looking for someone with similar values. If you are looking for a down to earth company where you will drastically change their business to fit into the modern world of online shopping, this might be the opportunity for you! What They Offer:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual and open work environment
- Awesome Gastown workspace
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Regular social events with a great team culture
- Work with a high-performing team of people who are passionate about their work
- Lead the development, QA, implementation and execution of all website and eCommerce strategies, with KPI ownership of conversion rates (new and repeat customers), revenue per visitor, average order size and customer lifetime value through subscriptions
- Manage a web development team to identify and build new features, operate ongoing website content updates, and optimize web visitor conversion
- Drive improvements in discoverability of our brands and products through best practices, taxonomy, on-site search, creative and messaging
- Manage a product catalogue team responsible for maintaining enhanced product information for all sellable products.
- Deliver a deeper understanding of the full customer journey, acting as the expert in customer identification and tracking
- Identify, develop, execute and measure tactics such as SEO, inbound link programs and content creation focused on driving traffic growth via organic search, social networks and other channels
- Deploy personalization tactics to improve revenue per visitor, using a combination of testing, 1 to 1 recommendations and persona or segment changes in product recommendation, creative content and messaging
- Ensure that site tagging for Google Analytics and other programs is implemented so that all appropriate measurements can be gathered
- Develop reports to glean insights, interpret funnel analysis and recommend site improvements
- Lead effort to analyze and integrate selected technologies
- Supervise a website operations and development team while working closely with the entire marketing team
- Oversee the management of third party vendors
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Experience as an eCommerce Operations and technology leader in a growing multi-channel organization
- Retail experience is an asset
- 5+ years of experience within an eCommerce operations team with demonstrated ability to drive change
- Proficient with Magento Enterprise Platform or a similar enterprise level eCommerce platform
- Proven experience in User Experience and UI design
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience translating business objectives into technology and operational processes to achieve goals
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.