Have you successfully mastered many facets of the digital marketing space throughout your career and are excited to take that next big step? Do you understand the power of a strong brand and even stronger messaging? Can you take that vision, empower your team, and turn it into something incredible?
As the Director of Demand Generation
, you'll help guide and grow a team of marketers responsible for scaling our paid channels. You and your team will be focused on improving conversion through the entire customer funnel in order to generate and convert leads and free sign ups into successful, paying customers. You'll also be responsible for both high-level strategy and direction of the day-to-day execution of marketing initiatives with a fast-growing tech company (with a healthy amount of time spent sleeves-rolled-up on execution, too!)In this role, you will:
- Build and communicate quarterly marketing plans and strategies that align with overarching company targets and goals. You'll be responsible for reporting on your metrics weekly and adjusting your team's work plans accordingly.
- Manage and support teams in efficiently scaling paid acquisition channels, optimizing website conversion, developing and executing campaigns, as well as continuously improving email nurture funnels
- Empower teams to optimize conversion rates through our entire marketing funnel, including running and reporting on iterative tests
- Champion the growth and optimization of our marketing database including improving data cleanliness and integrations while enhancing usability, such as building segmentations for customers groups and buying stages
- Become intimately familiar with our ideal buyers, and craft personalized campaigns and evergreen funnels to attract new users based on their needs. You really understand how to speak to our customers in order to showcase the value that Thinkific provides.
- Use your understanding of the customer journey to create strategic marketing plans and goals, frame targeted experiments, and guide data-driven marketing execution
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Work closely with our Content Marketing, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Customer Success teams to align on and achieve company goals
- Manage and help mentor marketing team members to elevate their skills to improve conversions and paid accounts throughout the customer journey
- Facilitate career growth and professional development for your team with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the marketing team
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have a minimum of 6+ years of digital marketing experience in startup/SaaS environments
- Demonstrate 4+ years of experience leading, managing, and developing a team of talented and passionate marketers
- Be strategic and data-minded to your core-you're able to take large goals and break them down into actionable work plans. You like to test reasoned hypotheses and are experienced in collecting and analyzing performance metrics in order to drive future decisions.
- Show experience
- Have personally and successfully developed and grown digital paid ad channels (specifically Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn Ads)
- Have experience building and optimizing targeted nurturing funnels, using email/marketing automation platforms to nurture customers with timely and relevant content
- Demonstrate a successful track record of designing, executing and iterating on time-based campaigns as a key driver of growth
- Have proven experience managing, educating, and developing a strong conversion optimization culture across the entire marketing team in key areas such as ads, landing pages, and emails
- Show an eagerness to thrive in a fast-paced environment (with past startup experience to prove it)
- Have an aptitude for teaching and helping others-you'll be trusted to provide guidance not only to the marketing team but often to team members in other departments as well
- Be an excellent communicator with a proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of stakeholders
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience specifically leading a B2B SaaS marketing team
- Successfully built quarterly marketing plans based on insights and strong data to help your team achieve established growth targets
- Are a strategic thinker through and through
- Have used Customer Journey Mapping extensively to guide marketing strategy, goals and decision making
- Previously planned and executed marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize storytelling to engage and convert users-you're comfortable building compelling and effective copy
- Are proud of past wins improving conversion throughout a funnel
- Showcase your passion for digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs-it doesn't get more rewarding than this!
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that's right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver's coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they're as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific's sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Sales and Marketing