Participates in the formulation of strategic objectives and operational plans to provide effective and efficient delivery of nursing and discharge services that meet the Northern Health Authority's policies and health priorities, and provides leadership in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programs and services. The Director of Care anticipates, identifies and meets health needs of residents, ensuring the development, integration, and provision of a broad range of acute care services, facility based services within a value-based and service driven corporate business plan. Qualifications
- A Masters degree in nursing or related discipline, along with a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and
seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in a leadership position responsible for the development,
implementation and evaluation of operational and strategic plans, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Eligibility for registration with the BCCNP is required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operations of preventative health, mental health, home and community and rehabilitation programs as well as acute care hospitals and Health Centres, including an understanding of the interrelationships between the various professional/non-professional staff within the programs.
- Knowledge of local and regional community health issues.
- Ability to manage financial, material and human resources.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
- Ability to balance multiple activities and projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
View Terrace Community