A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region's world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, you'll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live, built on transportation excellence. Put your future in motion!Department
Major Projects Delivery Responsibilities
Provides strategic leadership and expert engineering advice to lead the integration of multiple major transit infrastructure and engineering projects being delivered by dedicated teams. Ensures TransLink's objectives are met relative to superior customer experience, safety, reliability, and seamless project integration with existing infrastructure, operations, systems, processes and governing regulatory/legislative requirements. Represents TransLink at a senior level internally and with key external stakeholders.
- As a key member of the Major Projects management team, supports the VP in integration of major transit infrastructure and engineering projects involving significant scope, budget, enterprise-wide impact and sensitivity. Directs the development and delivery of overall program integration plans to ensure the successful delivery of multiple projects; the development and maintenance of policies, standards and procedures for major project integration; and provides broad oversight to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Directs major project integration components including close liaison with the dedicated delivery teams; oversees planning, resourcing, design, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, monitoring and execution. Accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of project integration according to agreed financial and service targets, and complying with enterprise engineering and project management practices and quality expectations.
- Oversees the negotiation, management and implementation of capital contracts related to project integration of significant value and risk, with support from the Project Managers, Legal Counsel, and the Financial & Program Support department. Resolves significant, complex and sensitive contractual issues and collaborates with external stakeholders to develop mutually acceptable solutions.
- Manages internal relationships between TransLink divisions and the operating companies to facilitate the integration of Major Projects and the resolution of issues and concerns with significant and long-term impacts on operational procedures. Presents and reports to Executives and the Board regarding critical and broadly impacting issues and risks related to major project integration. Participates on various committees, and engage in ongoing consultation with key internal stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with the dedicated delivery teams, municipal governments, the province, stakeholders and industry to share information, anticipate needs, manage expectations, resolve controversial issues, proactively address concerns, and minimize risks in the integration of major projects. Proactively manages contentious situations and proposes workable solutions to resolve current and potential issues.
- Provides broad direction for reporting managers, including selection, training, coaching, development, performance management and all other people management practices. Manages staff, consultant and contractor resources for the project integration aspects of major projects.Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The competencies of this position would be acquired through completion of University degree in Engineering and/or Business and a Professional Engineering designation (or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer with APEG) is required; plus ten (10+) years of related project management experience with a proven track record on infrastructure and engineering projects design and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of civil and structural engineering
- Expert leadership skills to provide coaching, development and performance management to reporting staff
- Expert interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including negotiation skills as they relate to contracts and resolution of contractual issues
- Expert analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues
- Expert financial acumen to allow for effective planning, management, and expenditure of operational and capital costs
- Expert leadership skills to drive change and promote a culture of responsibility and quality
- Expert time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities
- Excellent executive presence, business partnering, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases
- Experience on major transit project implementation and/or integration is a definite asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.Other Information
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.Work Schedule
37.5 hours per week.Rate of Pay
Salary starting from $151,126 per annum
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Dental, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan. Focus on your development through tuition reimbursement, training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner
of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: May 6, 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca
Management and Executive