Are you an innovative and hardworking cybersecurity leader who is seeking a new challenge?
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Director, Information Security to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for aligning security initiatives with enterprise and operations programs and business objectives, ensuring that information assets and technologies are adequately protected within our dynamic and technologically sophisticated mining operations. The candidate should have a deep understanding of both IT and OT (operational technology) evolving technologies and the associated security challenges. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and implement a strategic , comprehensive enterprise information security (IS) and IT/OT risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information owned, controlled or processed by the company.
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes, identify acceptable levels of risk, and establish roles and responsibilities with regard to information classification and protection.
- Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Liaise with the enterprise architect to ensure that there is a comprehensive convergence of IT security and information risk management roadmap.
- Work with legal and human resources teams to ensure that the organization has and maintains appropriate systems and measures for IS.
- Develop, maintain, and lead all aspects of IS policies, procedures and control techniques to address all applicable security and compliance requirements.
- Develop and deliver an IS awareness and training program for all of our employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Coordinate , measure and report on the technical aspects of security management.
- Cultivate relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies to ensure the security of business operations.
- Supervise incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs, with at least five years in a senior leadership role.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other relevant certifications are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001 or NIST, is required.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management, including managed services.
- Previous experience in a highly-regulated industry, such as mining, is a plus.
- Knowledge of technological trends and developments in the area of information security and risk management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to
responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World's Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Information Security, Coal Mining, Compliance, Risk Management, Technology, Mining, Legal, Finance
Apply now »
Law Enforcement and Security