Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies, the largest biotech company in Canada, is looking for their new Associate Director/ Director, Engineering and Construction Management. This person will be our key point of contact to ensure that all capital projects pertaining to facilities, infrastructure and equipment are engineered and built to satisfy the end user requirements.
The projects will pertain primarily to lab and manufacturing infrastructure required to support STEMCELL's high growth. Most of the required infrastructure must be engineered and built to high regulatory standards including but not limited to ISO, GMP, internal standards and other compliance requirements as deemed necessary.
This is a highly collaborative role that will be working closely with internal and external resources. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Work with multidisciplinary external design, engineering and construction professionals to arrive at facility, infrastructure and equipment solutions that satisfy end user requirements.
- Lead and manage an internal team of design, engineering and construction subject matter experts, and communicate sophisticated engineering solutions and projects to a general audience.
- Work closely with the Facility Planning & Design and Facility Operation teams to develop project scopes, vendor contracts, design and implementation plans in conjunction with other plant stakeholders.
- As a member of the CAPEX Steering Committee, support the development of capital equipment budgets, value improvement projects and process optimization initiatives; and generate the corresponding business cases, as required, for presentation to senior leadership.
- Establish and maintain preferred engineering supplier relationships for supporting STEMCELL's global portfolio of assets and collaborate with Facilities Maintenance, support in the development and maintenance of the long-term (15yr) asset management strategy to optimize capital investment and achieve availability targets for the organization.
- 15+ years of senior level experience in facilities management. Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Professional Engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and demonstrated experience building strong relationships with the ability to strategically partner cross-functionally.
- Excellent leadership/management, written & verbal communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Performance oriented - driven to optimize design and engineering solutions, and demonstrated e xperience managing third party relationships. This person will be r equired to travel up to 10-15% of the time.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
#united #hybrid #LI-Hybrid
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.