Reporting to the Vice President, Business Technology Solutions, the Director, Digital Shipyards provides leadership in leveraging data and innovative technologies at Seaspan Shipyards to drive step function improvements in business performance.
This role closely collaborates with senior business stakeholders and technology delivery partners to identify opportunities for innovation, develop and champion the change vision and deliver the associated initiatives and corresponding business results. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Partners with senior leadership (C-level) to identify, conceptualize and prioritize opportunities and initiatives to leverage data and technology for increase business value.
- Champions the stewardship and leverage of data as a critical and valuable business resource.
- Ensures that technology investment and innovation is supported by well thought-out and well implemented and supported business processes.
- Develops roadmaps for key systems and technology which enable long-term business performance improvement.
- Leads all technology delivery focused project management and governance activities across Seaspan Shipyards, delivering business and systems change initiatives. Retains accountability for achieving overall scope, schedule and budget on all IT related projects.
- Leads, develops and motivates high-performing cross-functional teams of technical and business resources.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- A university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, business or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including 5 years' experience in an information systems management or senior project delivery role.
- Experience conceptualizing and delivering large scale technology-enabled business change within a complex business environment.
- Experience working with and extensive knowledge of the processes and interactions within PLM, ERP, MRP and analytics systems within an Engineering, Custom Manufacturing, Marine or Ship Building environment.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral), and negotiation skills.
- Encouraged by challenges, can-do attitude and overall positive approach to tackling difficult situations.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Management and Executive