Director, Contract Partner Relations
Provincial Laboratory Medicine Services (PLMS)
Vancouver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Provincial Laboratory Medicine Services (PLMS) works to ensure the laboratory system is meeting the needs of British Columbians and adopting the latest technology, guidelines and techniques. Patient safety and quality of care are our top priorities. PLMS responsibilities include managing relationships with all private service providers under the Laboratory Services Agreements in the province. What you'll do
What you bring
- Manage the relationships with all private service providers under Laboratory Service Agreements in the province
- Carry responsibility for laboratory service agreement performance within complex, outcomes-based Laboratory Service Agreements and economic models. Ensure contract deliverables per the terms of the Agreements as well as continual alignment between the agreement and business objectives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an integrated governance model that considers the interrelationships, dependencies, and collaborative relationships to effectively enable the Laboratory Service Agreements. Those partners include private sector laboratory service providers and the Ministry of Health. The Director will also build and strengthen strategic relationships across regional health authorities, the MOH and other government agencies and community partners to identify and develop opportunities in laboratory services in BC
- Be an integral part of the Alliance Management team (AMO), which is highly focused on relationships and partnering as well as business processes, outputs and outcomes
- Nurture key relationships at several levels; Governance, Leadership & Management, and Operational
You will also have
- Master's degree in business administration, public administration, healthcare administration, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mature leadership and management competencies with exceptional skills in building and maintaining complex alliances
- Other relevant field plus at 10 to 15 years of relevant senior management experience within a large complex multi-site organization preferably in a health care
What we bring
- Business acumen and the ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. It requires an awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the business needs of the Private Provider(s) and the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability to enable the BCCSS to engage people in the organization's vision, mission and values.
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage co-operation between diverse stakeholders with different agendas.
- Superior presentation skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Superior communication skills including an ability to facilitate negotiate and persuade others.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time Location: 3rd floor 1867 W. Broadway, Vancouver, V6J 1Y5 Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600 Requisition # 119140
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 13, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.