On behalf of our client, a well-known and progressive healthcare organization in Vancouver, we are seeking a Director Business Planning with a very strong operational background to join their team.
The Director, Business Planning generates analysis, reporting and recommendations which are utilized by senior management for the development and achievement of the organization’s strategic and financial goals. This role will also support the executive team and participate in establishing the goals, objectives and operations of the business planning division to ensure that the goals and objectives are fulfilled.
The Director, Business Planning takes a lead role in the preparation or supervision of the preparation of operations reviews, business process improvement reviews and service delivery modeling that impact the entire organization. The Director supports the business planning team by assessing and monitoring risks associated with implementation of program and service delivery changes. The Director, in consultation with the business planning team, leads the design, development and implementation of changes in the business planning processes. In addition, this role also has ongoing responsibilities for financial planning and financial management for other specific services as assigned by the leadership team.
This position is involved in taking on special projects as assigned by the leadership team which will be evolving in nature and requires a solid understanding of developing and leading a team.
What we are looking for:
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) combined with a Masters Degree in Business, Leadership or other relevant field plus at least 12 years of relevant management experience within a large complex multi-site organization.
- A proven track record with an emphasis in business planning, financial planning, business process engineering and/or business case development and review.
- Must have solid grasp of Canadian GAAP and proven FP&A experience including budgeting, financial and operational planning and reporting, forecasting, management reporting, variance analysis, financial modelling.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise and meaningful ways.
- Excellent change management and project management skills as well as strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload and to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service, relationship building, negotiation and problem solving skills coupled with superior written and presentation skills
Our client is offering an attractive compensation package including competitive salary and excellent benefits and vacation.