Digital UX Specialist
Jul 24, 2020 Company:
Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey Job Type:
[[jobType]] Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Digital User Experience Specialist designs and continuously improves our digital platform to deliver the best member experience including functionality, usability and engaging interaction through our digital channels. The Digital UX Specialist thrives in an agile development process of continuous integration working collaboratively with a team of developers, product managers and technology specialists. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver that can work through stakeholder and business requirements without compromising the overall experience for the members. What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Work closely with our developers to provide our customers with fresh, friendly, and elegantly simple user experiences no matter their function or role within the application
- Create UX and visual design guidelines where required
- Prepare cohesive low fidelity wireframes to present concepts to team members and appropriate stakeholders
- Collaborate on concepts for new functionality that effect change in our digital credit union
- Facilitate UX workshops to uncover user needs and pain points, business objectives, stakeholder goals
- Prepare UX documentation to capture user research (eg: affinity diagrams, journey maps, usability testing reports, etc.)
- Engage with end users, customers, marketing and frontline staff to better understand the needs and workflows of the end users
- Combine new design mock-ups with existing product features and build presentations and narratives that show a meaningful story behind each feature request
- Take responsibility for required user research and providing UX recommendations and sign off for upcoming releases
- Collaborate with colleagues across all levels, teams, locations using influence and SME knowledge to optimize UX design, own implementation and monitor effectiveness
- Work with Digital UX Lead to analyze & interpret qualitative and quantitative data to develop data-driven recommendations
- At least 4 years of experience including: * 3+ years of experience in UX design * 4 + years experience in developing interaction and visual design specifications * 3+ years experience and knowledge of design software (Sketch, Illustrator, Marvel, Invision, and other prototyping tools) * Experience working agile teams and process an asset * Experience working with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, User Centred Design, HCI or similar field
- Advanced Project Coordination skill to interface with different stakeholders during projects, including vendors, to ensure an effective use of UX
- Solid Project Management skill to lead internal teams and vendors to execute on service needs
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Wireframe applications (ie. Sketch)
- Solid knowledge and experience with analytics, optimization and usability tools (UsabilityHub, Invision, Analytics, Hotjar, Optimizely) an asset
- Advanced experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Strong presentation skills that can effectively relay information to both senior leadership as well as peers
- Advanced ability to speak with technical teams (software teams) to be able to achieve designs that are both functional and feasible
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking and Card Sorting
- Experience writing scripts and moderating Usability Tests
- Exceptional at delivery and follow-through with a sense of urgency
- Advanced communication skills to provide subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders
- Solid ability managing business needs within the scope and feasibility of internal UX services
- Solid ability to translate complex user and business requirements into a coherent, clean solution
- Solid understanding of user behaviours and nuances of web and mobile interaction
- Passion about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to create pixel perfect high fidelity UI Mockups an asset
- Ability to create interactive elements like videos and animations an asset
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but...
- We improve Canadians' financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what's best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies - two of the nation's most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.