Position Title Digital Skills Instructor Posting Number 01741SA Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range DOE Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 01/16/2023 End Date 01/15/2024 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift 9:00 - 5:00 Work Arrangements
This position will be based at the Coquitlam Campus with travel to other TG sites throughout the Lower Mainland as required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Digital Skills Instructor will design and deliver basic digital skills training curriculum to Training Group project participants from all over BC. Delivery will be instructor-led group-based synchronous online learning with additional opportunity for individual assistance. Course instruction will integrate real workplace tasks to ensure participants develop skills that can be applied to real work situations.Responsibilities
• Support Training Group programs and Managers with digital skills course development including;
- Microsoft Office Advanced (or MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint individually):
- Microsoft Office Online
- Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader
- Google Applications and Cloud Storage
- Computer Literacy and Keyboarding
• Determine and help design training materials as appropriate for Client needs;
• Review and refine lesson plans and training resources as they are developed and piloted for online and in person delivery;
• Ensure quality and consistency of content and effectiveness of training materials;
• Ensure the learning contents meet the College and the Training Group's policies on copyright and complies with the Training Group's Quality Management System, ISO 9001:2015.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• University or College degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Educational credential and experience relating to adult learning;
• Proven ability to facilitate online and in-person group training programs;
• Proven experience with instructional design methodologies, course development and adult learning principles;
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of digital hardware and software, including platforms for online delivery, apps and programs relevant to education and work;
• Specifically, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat;
• The ability to organize and effectively document confidential student records;
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• A vehicle and valid B.C. Driver's license (when training is delivered face-to-face in the Lower Mainland);
• Able to work independently and as part of a team;
• To be comfortable working with multi-barrier clients;
• Training and experience in handling challenging situations;
• Passion for digital literacy and learning;
• Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Records Check.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 12/22/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10265
Education and Training