TELUS digital is a team of highly skilled professionals dedicated to building innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences. We run like a start-up, we've embraced lean and agile methodologies. We celebrate our failures and see them as opportunities to learn. Our culture fosters collaborative learning and out-of-the-box thinking in a relaxed environment.
To learn more, check out http://labs.telus.com
We want to work with people who:
•Have a passion for the web and all things digital
•Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
•View collaboration as essential to your work
•Clearly see things from the perspective our customers
•Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
•Continually refine their practice and process
What you can expect from us:
•We don't come to work in suits or sit all day long in grey cubicles; we come as we are, keen to share our latest ideas
•We want you to help shape and shift our culture in brave new directions, not simply fit in
•We work and play like a team; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team building activity outside the office; we don't discriminate
•Fuel for thought... Ours comes in the form of weekly lunches and an unending supply of healthy snacks
•Bottom line? What matters at TELUS digital is creating a free flowing, stimulating, supportive space where every one of us can thrive and feel alive
As a Security Analyst on our team, you will look to solidify our brand reputation by helping ensure that we build and maintain secure digital customer experiences. You will improve TELUS' overall security posture through evolving our culture, processes and tools. You will be an ambassador to drive security awareness and fluency for TELUS product owners, delivery teams and stakeholders. With a bias for prevention over remediation, you will mitigate risk through a variety of web security methods and approaches for our customer facing digital footprint.Responsibilities:
•Helping evolve our secure software development practicesQualifications: Required Knowledge:
•Supporting periodic vulnerability assessments/audits and managing remediation activities
•Providing operational support for web application firewall deployments
•Enabling others to adopt/embrace sound security practices and standards to ensure TELUS' information assets are protected from a confidentiality, integrity and availability perspective
•Supporting governance processes related to DNS, domain and SSL Certificate management
•Aligning with broader Chief Security Office strategy to keep our customers, team members and TELUS assets safe and secure
• Solid foundation in web application security (OWASP) Required Skills & Abilities:
• Familiarity with risk repository management, threat detection and threat modeling
• Foundational awareness of compliance and regulatory factors governing our industry (i.e., accessibility, privacy and anti-spam legislation)
• Understanding of deviant thinking and adversarial tactics
• Working knowledge of network security and SEIM/SIM solutions (RSA, LogLogic, ArcSight)
• Can easily navigate web servers, firewalls/WAFs, load balancers, server logs, full stack web applications and cloud technology Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Can analyse/interpret/articulate security requirements and designs for systems, applications, data and networks
• Can articulate security benefits (or impacts) for technical designs decisions
• Penchant for curiosity, exploration, learning and staying current in your field
• Tendency to help non-practitioners understand that security is cool, not scary
• Mastery of the art of balancing both business and security needs
• Desire to collaborate, roll up your sleeves/be in the weeds -- even when not invited to the party
• Ability to identify and solve problems in new and innovative ways
•Strong planning, facilitation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
•Successful completion of bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or a related discipline Required Experience:
•Formal security certification (e.g., CCNA-SEC, GSEC, GISP or CISSP)
•2-3 years cyber security experienceWho is TELUS?
•Experience with incident response, vulnerability and defect management
•Agile delivery experience
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.