Position at Absolute Software
Absolute Software is seeking a DevSecOpsEngineer to join a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control, building next generation platform features that support the Absolute cloud platform strategy. We are looking for a security savvy engineer who will be responsible for implementing DevSecOps best practices and encouraging a security mindset within engineering. This is a hands-on role responsible for implementation of security tools and resolving vulnerabilities everywhere in the stack.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need:
- Under the guidance of the Security Architect perform code audits to identify security issues and compliance violations and suggest solutions and best practices
- Participate in security audits on cloud infrastructure environments
- Identify opportunities for automation, partner with engineering and security teams on adding security to their delivery pipelines
- Respond to, triage, and remediate security alerts and incidents
Why Work For Us:
- 5+ years of overall experience as a DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer
- Passion about all things security with a keen eye for vulnerabilities
- Experience with hardening web applications in a SaaS environment and general understanding of best practices around system and network security
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools such as SonarQube, JFrog XRay, etc.
- Solid grounding with AWS Services including EC2, VPC, EFS, Lambda, S3, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker and understanding of specificities of secrets and configuration management in a containerized environment
- 4+ years of Java experience with some Spring/maven exposure
- A recognized security certification or working towards one
- Experience with microservices, message oriented and service mesh architectures
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming