Overview: Live Service Management encompasses a team of specialists responsible for the availability, performance and security of our online applications, achieving this goal by working closely with development, test and commercial teams. You will be involved in projects from the early design phase to ensure that the service is built to the highest level of resilience and security.
As a successful candidate, you will need to work with the product teams to design and agree a hosting architecture that promotes maintainability, scalability, and security whilst remaining cost effective. During the implementation stages, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of the service, leading the product teams whilst integrating our change and incident management processes.
We offer a proactive service to our internal stakeholders, and run ambitious service improvement plans that genuinely aim to put us at the forefront of the market. Of course, things can and do go wrong with live services, and you will be responsible for analyzing evidence, identifying the root cause, and taking mitigating action to prevent reoccurrence. You will need excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills as well as creativity.
Many of our services are on cloud platforms, enabling flexibility and scalability that is difficult to achieve in a traditionally hosted environment. Whilst cloud-computing experience is desirable, it is not a requirement, as the successful candidate will receive extensive training.
Due to the success of our function and the demand for our service we have a several vacancies for strong candidates to add their innovation and experience to our friendly, hardworking team. We're an inclusive meritocracy open to new technology and new approaches. Innovation and new ideas are always welcome, we enjoy being good at what we do, it helps us continue to run world class services for our customers. We offer clear career progression paths and opportunities to help you fulfil your goals.
Responsibilities: We are looking for people passionate about technology. If most of the words below combine to describe you, please apply.
Words that need to resonate with you: People, Technology, Problem Solving, Global, Change, Innovation, Inquisitive, Pressure, Achievement, Accountability, Patience, Sage, Influence, Collaboration, Communication, Positive, and Trust.
Qualifications: Required Experience
Highly Desirable Experience
- Server Operating systems (Windows or Linux).
- Networking - virtual networks topologies.
- Web Hosting (Apache, IIS, or nginx) and applications (e.g Tomcat/Java, Passenger/Rails, or Node.js)
- Database technologies, one or more of the following: MSSQL, Azure SQL DB, AWS: RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB, other RDBMS or NoSQL products.
- Automation and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, bash, Ruby or Python)
- Supporting highly available online services
- Azure PaSS and/or Azure IaaS
- Even if you are from a development background rather than service management/operations, and are looking for a change in direction, please apply as we have great opportunities for you .
Posted: February 24, 2017
Closes:April 3, 2017