We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Do you want to help us build and deploy our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced start-up culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the SAP Analytics Cloud Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment team where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible / Packer, SAML SSO, OAuth, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud's success by producing software, services and API's that are robust, reliable, and scalable. We have a strong "automate everything you can" mindset and you will spend much of your time automating tasks in areas such as deployment, security, and monitoring using a variety of programming tools.
Our environment is fast moving and we're looking for people with a passion for learning new technologies who are unafraid to see things change and who actively seek ways to improve how we work. If you have a strong focus on customer satisfaction and love the challenge working with large, complex systems, then this could be the job for you.
Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience. We can't wait to see what you'll bring to the team. Expectations and Tasks
The successful candidate will enjoy a variety of tasks including software development, automation development, troubleshooting, debugging, and operations support. You will have the opportunity to:
Education and Qualifications
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Learn about hyperscaler environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure, and Alibaba Cloud and ensure products run reliably and optimally in these environments
- Develop, test, and maintain build system, CI/CD framework and deployment tools
- Automate and streamline deployment processes
- Develop and maintain a monitoring system that overlooks our build landscape
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
- Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to latest versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis (week-long every 7-8 weeks)
- Suggest and drive improvements in how the team works and collaborate with teammates to hone your ideas and build consensus
- Identify and address security and performance issues
- Maintain a strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Regularly learn new skills and technologies through both organized training and self-guided learning and formally and informally share what you learn with teammates
The following qualifications are not required but would be valuable:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline that provides a solid background in software development
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a Software Development, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Quality Assurance, or similar role
- Experience with cloud tools such as: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Kibana, Grafana, Dynatrace
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Passion for learning new technologies and programming skills
- Strong technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience using a Unix or Linux shell
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Details-oriented, customer-centric approach
- Willingness to accept on-call duties
We build breakthroughs together
- Infrastructure software tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
- Building containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience working with databases, automation frameworks, application installation/deployment, and security configuration management tools
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 358739 | Work Area: Solution and Product Management | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 358739
Posted Date: Oct 25, 2022
Work Area: Solution and Product Management
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Software and Programming Management and Executive