Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
The DevOps Engineer will maintain and improve the release toolchain and release pipeline by building better tools and providing deployment support from Development through Production. This role will work closely with IT Operations, Development, and QA to ensure the highest possible release and production quality.
Please Note: You will have a choice of being Remote-First OR Office-First.
Remote First: You will have the option to work remotely from the Lower Mainland area, but we will require attendance at our downtown Vancouver office for quarterly planning, important meetings, team get togethers or whenever you want to "crew together" IRL!
Office-First: You will get to work from our downtown Vancouver office 2-3 days a week, and work remotely the remainder of the week!
So, what will you do?
- Build and maintain CICD pipelines
- Research and implement new technologies to improve application delivery and support
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- Have a minimum 3 years experience
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (ArgoCD, GitHub Actions, TeamCity, Octopus)
- Ability to troubleshoot in Windows, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, Python, or Powershell)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS or GCP)
- Proficient with an Object Oriented programming language (.Net, Java, Golang, Python)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Grafana, Splunk)
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction
Why Plenty of Fish?
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.