TVEON is searching for a dynamic DevOps Engineer to join our Kelowna or Calgary office. This key resource will be accountable for the following: Maintain, Build and Deploy Systems
Proactively Ensure Continuous Operations
- Contribute to the development of continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Automate software building, installation, updating, monitoring, analysis, and rollback
- Ensure systems and network security
- Work with the product and QA teams, to ensure that the project meets their needs
- Coordinate with team leads to schedule tasks for the product team, as required
Collaborate with Team
- Provide hands-on management and maintenance of local and cloud platforms
- Develop tools and frameworks to improve operational efficiency
- Participate in critical incident response calls as needed including outside of business hours as needed
- Create and maintain documentation, including illustration of local and cloud platforms and build and deploy workflows
Partner with Business
- Work closely with the Development teams to coordinate releases and resolve specific build failures
- Partner with others to break down issues in to clear, achievable goals
- Proactively resolve blockers to completing tasks
- Contribute to the improvement of team processes
- Contribute deployment strategies during project planning
- Work with the Project Lead to develop achievable project plans
- Communicate well-rounded expectations and estimates
- Proactively communicate progress, risks, and issues
Whatâ€™s in it for you
- 3+ years' experience working in a DevOps role
- Experience with a variety of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, with Amazon AWS experience preferred â€" has deployed more than one solution on the cloud
- Knowledge of Linux administration and command line workflows (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Understanding of underlying network protocols and devices
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with development teams
- Prior Agile/Scrum experience an asset
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field preferred
How to Apply
- Excellent benefit plan with employer-paid premiums including a health spending account, disability insurance, life insurance and dental care;
- Flexible working hours;
- Casual dress code; and
- The unique opportunity to join a growing tech company!
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume and salary expectations to us at email@example.com
. While we thank all respondents for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tveon is an equal opportunity employer.
Tveon is a video engineering company specializing in flexible software development for video storage, processing and transmission. We maximize the value of video data, transcending existing barriers with transformative video solutions. For further information visit our website at http://www.tveon.com.
Software and Programming