We are expanding our product portfolio and taking on enterprise cloud services to deliver an unparalleled user experience to healthcare practitioners and patients. We are looking for great people who have a passion for solving problems, taking on challenges, are proud of the solutions they craft and have an appreciation for building scalable systems.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our amazing Product Development team here at Exan. You will collaborate with Product Development in an Agile environment.
We offer a very supportive environment that encourages work-life balance, flexible office hours and collaboration.
- Build and maintain scalable and secure SaaS solutions for external and internal stakeholders.
- Understand and contribute to system architecture, functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Create, maintain, monitor, and respond to instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Investigate, resolve, and document issues in the performance, security, stability, and availability of services.
- Create, maintain, and be responsible for backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation for infrastructure and operational practices.
- Create, maintain, and improve automation for building and deploying software and infrastructure solutions.
- Write scripts to maximize automation
Skills & Experience
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining highly available and secure production systems on AWS, including EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, VPC, CloudFormation, and use of the AWS API.
- Configuring and maintaining web applications, including Tomcat, Nginx, IIS.
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Including Active Directory, PowerShell
- CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon or Linux, including Bash scripting
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and logging tools for network, server, and application status, e.g. Nagios, CloudWatch, SolarWinds, and Splunk.
- Proficiency with:
- At least one OOP language, e.g. Java, Scala and C#.
- Infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with:
- RDBMS, especially SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, and MFA).
- Building and maintaining application virtualization solutions (e.g. Citrix, Terminal Services, RemoteApp, and Appstream)
- Knowledge of software security and HIPAA compliance requirements is an asset
Software and Programming Engineering Information Technology