DevOps Engineer (Automation & Tools)
Job ID GRDV375 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
As a DevOps Engineer you have a passion for putting deployment tools and processes into the hands of Developers. At Global Relay you'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will be building our deployment pipeline and automating our operations workflows using the latest available tools.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at. Help us create the leading edge of our deployment and operations automation. Technologies in Use:
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Infrastructure as Code (Cobbler, Vagrant)
- Packaging (RPM, YUM, WSI)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Work as part of an agile development team to define, build and maintain automated deployment systems
- Work with all development teams to transition service deployment toward common deployment systems
- Work with product management to ensure that automated deployment of services meet business requirements
- Work with QA to ensure that test automation is fully integrated with deployment systems
- Work with Operations to ensure that automated deployment of services meets operational requirements
- 5 years experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Experience with Maven or other build systems
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Linux/Unix system administration and/or Windows Server system administration
- Experience with VMware and/or Vagrant
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with RPM or WSI packaging
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell
- Java development experience is an asset
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.