GRDV330 L ocation:
Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time Position Compensation:
$80,000 - $90,000/annum; Eligible for Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, RRSP Matching, and Corporate Bonus NOC:
2174 – Software Developer
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
The DevOps Developer owns the source code, configuration, test code, maintenance processes, support services and infrastructure behind services used by Global Relay staff. While the focus is on services for Development and Operations many of these cross over into other departments. The DevOps Developer must comply with the standards that are set by the team and company in terms of development styles, methodologies and processes. The DevOps Developer will work with the Product Managers and Project Managers to further the goals of the team to deliver functional, quality services on schedule. The DevOps Developer will contribute to, and participate in, corporate wide peer learning.
The DevOps Developer maintains expertise in the areas of CI/CD and will be responsible for the full automation of build and deployment processes supporting the Global Relay development teams. DevOps Developer writes build and deployment tools and scripts, maintains and continuously improves automation processes. DevOps Developer is in touch with other Global Relay development teams as well as QA teams to support application continuous delivery pipeline. Role Responsibilities:
Required Technical Skills:
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD build and deployment processes for Global Relay applications
- Create and maintain Global Relay internal tools, which are mostly written in Java
- Write unit and integration tests for Java code
- Document code and document detail designs
- Automate provisioning of infrastructure for development and production environments
- Administration of tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a DevOps-related role developing on Continous Delivery automation
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with Java
- Expert knowledge of Jenkins administration
- System administration experience with Linux and Windows
- Experience with automating Infrastructure as configuration
- Knowledge and experience with network protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, and TCP
- Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Experience with Agile development such as Scrum and Kanban
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with build tools such as Maven and Ant
- Experience with version control such as GIT and SVN
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON
- Experience with Artifactory or Nexus Administration
- Experience with design patterns
- Extensive scripting experience with Shell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Exposure to Docker
- Experience with SCM tools such as Ansible, Puppet
- Experience in working in a highly secured environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Global Relay Communications Inc.
220 Cambie Street, 2nd Floor
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M9
Phone: (604) 484-6630
Fax: (604) 608-2941
Email: [email protected]