Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg ® ®, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
As a DevOps Developer, you will work as a member of the Global Relay development team to support the construction of pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You will own the environments, configuration, maintenance processes, deployment procedures and infrastructure behind the services being built by the development team. You will also tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Work as a part of an agile development team to define, build and maintain development and test environments
- Work with the development teams to plan infrastructure requirements for new projects and create all artifacts required for application deployment, including deployment scripts, installers, monitoring and associated documentation
- Work with product management to ensure all environments meet business requirements
- Work with QA to ensure that test automation is fully integrated with deployment systems and to troubleshoot & resolve complex technical problems
- Work with Operations to ensure that development and test environments meet operational requirements
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Windows Server system administrator
- Experience with the following:
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Windows PowerShell
- VMware administration
- TCP/IP networking and email routing protocols including SMTP and IMAP
- VMware and/or Vagrant
- Development with C#, C++ or Java
- Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl
- Linux/Unix system administration
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: February 19, 2017
Closes:March 30, 2017