250092 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Management Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Cloud combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from frontline workers to execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
The Analytics Cloud organization is looking for senior leaders to help with our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.About the Team
We are the Infrastructure and Platform team for products like SAP Analytics Cloud and Datawarehouse Cloud. We provide infrastructure tools, best practices and technologies for application teams to build and run software in the cloud. You will be responsible to establish and grow a team of engineers who work within the global Infrastructure and platform team as well as leverage strong local presence of other departments that will aid in our success.Expectations and Tasks
• The successful candidate will lead a cross functional development team. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively.
• Ultimately be accountable for the quality, experience, readiness and timely delivery of all features produced by your team.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of sound software engineering principles and best practices for development. Be capable of driving projects end to end.
• Everyone, including management, is close to the code and making technical contributions - including contributing to design, coding, testing, systems setup, …
• Be knowledgeable in analytics so that you can effectively participate in requirements definition.
• Enable quality excellence within product units through test techniques, process, frameworks and tools
• Lead a team of developer/test experts in multi-technology environment:
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a high-performance team
• Manage the lifecycle of employees – e.g. recruiting/retaining, developing/guiding/motivating, managing performance
• Ensure ongoing communication of company/org messages, objectives, goals and strategy into own team
• Work closely/collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and also customers/partners when needed.
• Able to understand and play an active role in all aspects of the development process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
• Stay current on technology and understand how it may fit into or advance our strategic directionEducation and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
• University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
• Excellent people management skills, strong dedication to people development and mentoring
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Create project and execution plans, factoring in essential elements like monitoring and steering.
• Manage critical situations and their impact on business deliverables
• Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
• Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
• Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
• Develop, monitor, and optimize the digital funnel using metrics and technologies
• Identify and define a targeted audience strategy and a messaging approach
• Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement, where people actively seek to coach and help with team and peer development
• Deep knowledge and understanding of public API’s and SDKWork Experience
• 5+ years of work experience as a manager in BI, Analytics and/or enterprise performance management
• 5+ years of practical project experience that cover a variety of scenarios
• Prior experience in delivering cloud software is strongly desired
• Prior experience with applications on Amazon, Azure or Cloud Foundry is strongly desired
• Prior experience working on embedding solutions into other applicationsWHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Additional Locations: Job Segment:
ERP, Engineer, Developer, Manager, SAP, Technology, Engineering, Management
Software and Programming