Since our humble beginnings back in 2003, relationships have been at the core of our company. We’re all about bringing great people together, and that all starts right here, with the employees of PlentyOfFish. We’re a team of passionate, driven individuals who are dedicated to helping people all over the world find love.
Today, we are looking for a Developer to join the Platform team. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team. If you're a full stack polyglot who loves working with talented and passionate peers, then this role is for you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Design and implement solutions to highly complex problems.
- Contribute to the development of our Continuous Integration and Deployment system.
- Debug complex .NET applications.
- Analyze memory dumps from production systems to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Build high-performance, mission-critical applications. We're small enough that you can make a real impact on what we develop.
- Understand current web technologies and application structure from end-to-end.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to improve performance, security and scalability of software and services.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise and help facilitate constant learning.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a computer related discipline such as Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Expert level C# and web technologies
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL - must be able to read and write stored procedures
- 5+ years of commercial software development
- Ability to read and decipher legacy code
- Love technology and always be proactively working to stay ahead of the latest in hardware and software developments
- Experienced with security and high volume, large scale environments
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knows and practised Scrum for a minimum of 6 months and isn’t afraid of making any suggestions on how to improve it
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits package includes extended health and dental care, MSP, RRSP contribution program, discretionary bonus program based on individual and company performance, weekly fitness classes, central downtown location, regular office lunch and learns, office snack wall, and quarterly hackathons.