At Microserve, we are an industry leader in provide technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 350 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is seeking an enthusiastic Service Desk Analyst, Tier 2 to join our team. The Service Desk Analyst, Tier 2 is the second level escalation path for Tier 1 support often involving onsite support at numerous client locations. In addition to providing a very high level of client service, you will develop strong relationships with clients and staff, provide user support to both local and remote users, maintain system documentation, and contributes to IT projects as required. Individuals applying for this position must be able to multi-task, have a strong attention to detail, professional demeanor, and be able to adapt into a growing and changing environment.
- Handling ticket escalations from Tier 1 and other technicians, through to resolution.
- Troubleshoot difficult or time-consuming issues on PCs, laptops, peripherals, printers, mobile devices, and Office 365.
- Completing root cause tickets to find permanent and effective solutions, while recommending infrastructure improvements.
- Proactively communicating ticket status and updates directly to clients.
- Proactively assisting with training of existing and new members of the team.
- Assist with solutions on escalated tickets, update knowledge base and use the opportunity to mentor the team and reduce escalations over time.
- Documenting SOPs and issue resolutions in our documentation system.
- Assisting with overall help desk tickets when time allows.
- A willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet client deadlines, with most work being within regular office hours 0830am to 5pm PST.
- Tracking time and submitting time sheets for work completed through Connectwise.
- Visit client sites when required, to discover issue and/or root causes to physical components, perform install/move/add/change requests, or complete issue resolution.
- Consistently display superior customer service skills and telephone etiquette.
- Quickly assess and troubleshoot complex problems and device effective solutions.
- Perform work in a high-pressure team environment.
- Incident management (logging incidents, managing workload, documenting support issues).
- Active directory user management (inventory, repairs, configuring new machines).
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of IT hardware (iOS devices and Windows).
- Audio visual support (projectors, video conferencing, Zoom/Teams for Business).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in IT Service and Support industry.
- At least two professionally recognized certifications (A+, Network +, Security +, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.).
- Setup and configuration of VM, troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting experience with: Network administration and Windows 10 OS.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge of MS Office applications; Office 365 support experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a polished and professional manner.
- The ability to deal with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational skills with motivation, self-direction, and good time management skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive or difficult situations with tact and diplomacy, and excellent attention to detail.
Additional Skills or Assets:
- Experience with ConnectWise, ITGlue, PowerBI.
- Experience with SolarWinds RMM tools (N-able).
- Experience with Windows Virtual Desktop, Remote Desktop Services, or Citrix environment is advantageous.
- Understanding of DNS, especially as related to web and mail service.