Are you an efficient dental assistant with great communication skills? Help us care for cancer patients needing dental care. What you'll do
What you bring
- Work with patients with medical compromise and with possible exposure to medical risk.
- Perform chair-side duties and infection control, including making impressions, delivering fluoride to patients; instructing patients in oral care and assisting with OR procedures.
- Assist the Senior Certified Dental Assistant with the screening of patients and assessment of dental needs to set priorities;
- Co-ordinate bookings.
- Ensure patient charts are provided for patient appointments; check patient chart and treatment plan for completeness, file treatment plans.
- Maintain a double-entry system on the content of the file, log work; box and file study models, file photographs, dictation, reports, letters, and laboratory reports.
- Complete requisitions and ensure an adequate supply of materials; report equipment malfunctions and arrange for repair.
- Perform related duties as required.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12 graduation
- Graduation from recognized Certified Dental Assistant Course
- Current registration with the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C.
- One year of related experience, preferably in a hospital setting
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work well with patients and staff.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
What we do
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks including onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike-sharing, and more.
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of B.C. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and strive to create a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Ongoing Casual Opportunities
- Wage: $24.44 per hour
- Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
- 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # CDA_BCC_VAN-2330953 Work Site BC Cancer Vancouver Job Type Casual, Part-Time FTE 0.01 Hours of Work Daytime Hours Work Days Monday to Friday Expiry Date