WHO WE ARE
The Mustang Survival brand represents leading edge extreme environmental protection for elite users including rescue workers, coast guard, fighter jet pilots, fishermen, sailors, paddlers, and even NASA astronauts. Our mission is bold, "We Save Lives for a Living", and requires courageous leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, come join us to push the boundaries of survival technology to deliver the ultimate user experience on the water through inspired technical solutions.
We are looking for a seasoned Demand Planner to join our growing team. This Demand Planning position is responsible for all activities associated with creating and maintaining product forecasts in alignment with corporate strategies. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models aligned to business growth strategy, go to market initiatives, and inventory targets. With key relationships in Category Management, Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, the Demand Planner is an integral coordination point in developing a forecast that support topline channel sales targets in line with Inventory objectives. The Demand Planner’s role will also provide business insight and analytical support to key stakeholders throughout the organization, with a key focus on product performance and inventory investment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate Demand Planning Process
- Responsible for monthly maintenance of product forecast at style level for Recreation and Professional product portfolios in Wholesale and Ecomm channels.
- Key contributor in the Demand Planning monthly Sales & Operations Planning cycle.
- Collaborate with Category managers, Sales directors, and Marketing, to understand and agree on seasonal demand for new developments and carryover products
- Perform global forecast consolidation in support of domestic production planning and outsource purchasing activities.
- Identify and support actions for improvement in customer or product areas performing below expectations
Consumer Demand Analysis
- Perform analysis to break down aggregate level sales plans budgets and forecasts into their constituent zones, categories, styles, colors, sizes, and SKU’s
- Communicate the impact of Consumer/Customer feedback, market/demographic trends, industry competitive analysis, historical info, and resulting demand plans for the organization.
- Utilize customer and market knowledge, and analytical tools to support Category/Product Managers in product assortment/product planning, and in sales initiatives.
- Utilize customer and market knowledge, historical info, and analytical tools to identify and monitor underperforming products.
- Support the Supply Chain Management and Senior Management teams through various reporting and analysis activities as needed
Demand Planning Models and Tools
- Own the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of demand and operational planning systems. Take initiative to identify and implement best-in-class processes and tools for forecasting, forecast accuracy, production scheduling, and buy plans creation (MRP)
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- More than five years of experience with demand planning in consumer retail and manufacturing environment. Experience in the apparel industry or consumer retail goods industry is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline is required. Specialization in finance, supply chain, or business with APICS certification preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, with the ability to negotiate solutions amongst competing priorities.
- Aptitude for numbers, analytics, and an ability to compile, interpret and communicate market trends and resulting implications to the business.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and demand planning/sales forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Flexible approach with willingness to make decisions in a fast-paced environment with incomplete information.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Excel is required. Experience with planning software, experience with MRP / ERP platforms. Knowledge of MS Access, macros, and database report writing tools is a plus.
- Other key traits include: leadership, ethics, personal responsibility, attention to detail, active listening and learning, communication, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgment and decision making, time management, presentation, and operations analysis.
Manufacturing and Production Sports and Recreation Operations and Logistics