Requisition ID: 147816
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you. Is this role right for you?In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Manages the delivery of technology projects from requirements to deployment
- Organizes and facilitates scrum ceremonies for the development team(s)
- Ensures projects' technology artifacts are identified and completed on time
- Works with the team to identify and resolve roadmap and feature dependencies and impediments
- Engages technology partner teams as needed
- Provides regular, standardized project reporting
- Builds solid relationships with the scrum teams, project/team leadership, peers, vendors, and business lines
- Engages stakeholders as needed for consultation and counsel
- Regularly communicates with other scrum teams to ensure story alignment and to identify and track dependencies
- Identifies team conflict or other project concerns/risks and partners with the Sr. Development Manager and project leadership teams to address
- Helps to ensure the team has access to the necessary tools and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Develops a good understanding of the bank's technology systems
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- 3-5 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
Working location condition: Fully Remote
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Investment Banking, Project Manager, Technical Support, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive