Position description:Application Deadline:
January 31, 2020This position is available inRichmond, Nanaimo,Victoria, Kelowna, Kamloopsand Castlegar
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking aHealth Equipment Loan Program (HELP) DeliveryDriver volunteer.Reporting to the Equipment Supply Associate, this position assists the Program Technician in the delivery and pick up of health equipment at clients' homes and at HELP sites.
HELP is a volunteer-operated, community-based program that lends health equipment such as wheelchairs and bathing aids to people of all ages who are recovering from surgery, illness or injury. Our service provides solutions to those who are confronted with a sudden injury, declining health or short-term disability.Deliverables/Duties:
- Loads, unloads and transports equipment to and from clients' homes or between HELP sites as per schedule
- Ensures the separation of clean and dirty equipment throughout the transportation process, to avoid cross-contamination.
- Observes routine precautions in the handling of used equipment including use of required personal protective equipment and hand hygiene
- Follows all vehicle safety and maintenance policies and procedures
- Assists the Technician in the installation of equipment in clients' homes, following written procedures
- Provides professional customer service when delivering or retrieving equipment from clients' homes or HELP sites;
- Accepts and documents financial and equipment donations in support of Canadian Red Cross programs and services and/or other Red Cross appeals
- Performs cleaning and routine maintenance and inspection of returned equipment according to Red Cross standards and procedures
- Understands and upholds the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and Mission Statement
- Complies with Red Cross HELP policies and procedure
-The majority of the work is performed in a warehouse or vehicle, which are mostly clean and comfortable.
-There is frequent loading/unloading of the vehicle in varying weather conditions
-Successful volunteers/candidates will receive training and support in order to be effective, maintain safe work environment and provide excellent service to help those in need of this vital service
-We are seeking volunteers available to fill one or more shifts per week. Shifts are typically 2-4 hours in duration and vary by location, with most being Monday - Friday, morning or afternoon. -Some locations may have evening and/or Saturday shifts availableQualifications:
- Thisposition requires completion of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a related field, a minimum of one year of work-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Class 3 provincial drivers license is an asset
- Be able to provide a satisfactory Driver's Abstract
- Mechanical aptitude is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with clients, health care professionals, and colleagues
- Advanced verbal communication skills in English
- Basic writing skills in English
- Ability to work closely with a supervisor and as a member of an effective team
- Current generic WHMIS certification or willingness to take training
- Current Standard First Aid certification, or willingness to take training
- Demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with clients concerning their personal and/or health-related issues
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to (50lbs) or assist in carrying equipment weighing up to 80lbs
- Ability to climb stairs, as well as transition frequently in and out of a vehicle
This position requires a satisfactory Canadian vulnerable sector criminal record checkVolunteer skills:
Patient Services, Personal Care Role is suitable for:
Interested parties may apply using any of the following hyperlinks:
If you live in the Lower Mainland: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws...
If you live in the Southern Interior: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws...
If you live in Northern B.C. or Yukon: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws...
If you live in the Coastal region/Vancouver Island: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws... How to apply:
Please refer to hyperlinks in the "additional information" section.Contact person:
Volunteer Resource Services (VRS)Contact phone:
844-818-2155Contact e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteer Centre:
Burnaby Cause Tags:
Health, Social Services
Community and Social Services Health Care