Database Administrator Permanent Location: Vancouver Responsibilities
- Architecture and engineering of new data and reporting systems
- Maintenance and modification of existing data systems
- Develop and maintain SSIS, SSRS and SSAS projects.
- Responsible for complete projects, through the entire lifecycle of collecting requirements, recommending and designing the appropriate solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates and implementing the solutions.
- Work closely with internal business teams to understand the data and reporting needs and help them find a solution or design a suitable technical solution.
- Develops queries and reports from constituent database using SQL-like tools and works with the staff and external resources to analyze requests for information and to develop system and/or process enhancements.
- Ensure server and database security is maintained and updated and standards of work meet compliance requirements.
- Perform index management and optimization
- SQL Server Replication and Database Mirroring
- SQL Server HA and DR
- Perform Backups and recovery
- 5-7+ Years of experience as a DBA
- Post-secondary education in computer science or related degree
- Relevant certifications in modern database technologies
- Experience with SQL Server 2005-2019 and Azure database administration tasks
- Experience with Oracle
- Advanced T-SQL development experience
- Database performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS, familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning the complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes/tabular models
- Previous experience supporting a reporting team with data modeling is considered an asset
- Experience in C# , Java or Python nice to have
- Experience with SQL Server PowerShell is nice to have
- Flexible approach to work and contributes as a team player
- Personal drive and commitment
- High level of communication, analyzing and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, service oriented approach
- Be able to perform effectively as part of a small team in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.