Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters Job Type:
Full-Time Pay Grade:
11 Posting End Date: Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Database Administrator is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of information databases used to operate the infrastructure and technology platform. The Administrator will partner with technical groups to ensure that database performance is not hindered and performance standards adhere to service level agreements set with the enterprise. What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Partner with development teams to design data management and governance protocols, manage the information lifecycle, design infrastructure and data integration controls
- Understands business strategy and cascades business intelligence needs to the database level
- Design, configure, implement, and administer all databases for the respective parties involved
- Develop and maintain complex models and logical database designs
- Identify and resolve all issues related to database systems to ensure that systems are online and without service interruption
- Build and manage the database disaster recovery and backup plan
- Develop new and enhance existing standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for database environments using industry experiences, best practices research, and business needs
- Analyze and report the performance of database operations against the key database performance metrics
- Meet performance standards in accordance to service level agreements set by the company
- 5+ years experience in Database Administration
- 2+ years experience mentoring junior members
- Proficient with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL coding for various platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Experience in designing and implementing database structures
- Experience with automating DBA tasks
- Experience with data modeling and schema design
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but...
- We improve Canadians' financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what's best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- In 2017, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies - two of the nation's most coveted business awards, may we add.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.